Re: Re: 100,000 posts!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg100084] Re: [mg100035] Re: [mg100000] 100,000 posts!
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:40:19 -0400 (EDT)

Bruce Colletti wrote:
> Steve
> Thank you for all you have done for your communities, especially MathGroup.
> Without your efforts, history would've unfolded differently:  many
> collaborations emerged from correspondence on this forum, collaboration that
> changed our lives in ways we cannot fathom.  All due to you.
> And DeWitt, your professor, friend, and guide.
> We're all looking for the 200K mark and beyond.  You'll be around for a very
> long time.

That reminds me, a talk I give next month is about work that happened
through MathGroup.

The main person behind the method was a fellow from Colombia named
Juergen Tischer, who was active in MathGroup around 1998-9. He was, in
my opinion, quite adept at using Mathematica to do math.

In point of fact, a fair amount of the more interesting computations I
have encountered came about through MathGroup interactions. At least
three problems I discussed in our 2006 Tech Conference came from MathGroup.

Anyway, I'll add my voice of thanks, and best wishes down what I hope
will be a long road.