  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg100112] Re: MOVE/EXPORT FILES AT ONCE
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 06:16:11 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/22/09 at 11:40 PM, alain.mazure at (Alain Mazure) wrote:

>How is it possible to move, at once, to e.g another directory ,
>files identified with e.g:

>I.e, what is the equivalent of the classic cp *.dat and better the
>equivalent of cp *.*  ?

This task is probably more efficient to do outside of
Mathematica. But it can be done inside Mathematica. For example

will copy all of the files in the current working directory to
the directory specified by directoryName. Note, the syntax I've
used above assumes no sub-directories exist in the current
working directory. If this is the case, an error will be
generated since CopyFile doesn't operate on directories. A more
robust solution would be