Re: uncomplete NDSOlve results

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100185] Re: uncomplete NDSOlve results
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 04:08:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/26/09 at 5:08 AM, schaber at biologie.hu-berlin.de (Jordi) wrote:

>I numerically simulated an ODE systems with NDSOlve. I tried all
>kinds of methods and I always get a solution back, seemingly over
>the whole integration interval, i.e. 100:
>sol={{A->InterpolatingFunction[{{0.,100.}},<>]}}.

>However, when I plot A (Plot[A[t]/.sol,{t,0,100},PlotRange->All])
>the curve just stops after a fraction of the simulation time. So,
>there seems to be no solution after a certain time. But upon
>integration I get no errors.

Since you did not post the system you are solving with NDSolve,
all I can do is offer *guesses* as to the source of the problem.
One possibility is the solution to the problem has a complex
value for some range of values. If this is the case, NDSolve
will execute with no errors but Plot will not plot anything for
the range where the solution is complex since it only plots real
valued functions.