Re: plotting with dotted lines, not dashed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104448] Re: plotting with dotted lines, not dashed
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 03:57:15 -0500 (EST)

In article <hcgpl8$egs$1 at smc.vnet.net>, dh <dh at metrohm.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> in version 7.0.1:
>
> from the manual:
>
> Dotted: Dotted is equivalent to Dashing[{0, Small}]:
>
> Dashing: If a segment has a length Subscript[r, i] specified as 0, it is
>
> drawn as a dot whose diameter is the thickness of the line.

The Input line for the first example in the Help message for "Dotted" in
Mathematica 7 is

  Graphics[{Dotted, Line[{{0, 0}, {2, 1}}]}]

I copied the Output graphic produced by that input in the Help message
using the Mathematica "Copy as PDF" menu command; pasted it into an
Illustrator document that was open in Illustrator; and magnified the
view of that document.

The "dots" are clearly not dots but dashes or rectangles that are
something like 4 or 5 times longer than they are wide.