Finding Clusters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104515] Finding Clusters
  • From: fd <fdimer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 02:51:28 -0500 (EST)

All.

I have a list which represents some natural event. These events are
listed pair-wise, which corresponds to event happening within certain
time interval from each other, as below

event={{1,2},{1,3},{3,4},{5,6},{7,8},{8,10}}

I wish to find a thread of events, i.e. if event A is related to B and
B to C, I wish to group {A,B,C} together. For the example above I
would have

{{1,2,3,4},{5,6},{7,8,10}}

This would correspond to do a Graph Plot and identifying the parts
which are disconnected It should be simple but I'm really finding it
troublesome.