Re: Re: Opportunities and Player Pro

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg104527] Re: [mg104491] Re: Opportunities and Player Pro
  • From: János Löbb <janos.lobb at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 02:53:46 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 1, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Helen Read wrote:

> Kevin J. McCann wrote:
>> I agree completely with David' comments (although the poetic bit at
>> the
>> end may be overdone). =46rom my own perspective, I would use something
>> like the Player to send interactive notes to my students. This would
>> mean that they could use it without having to purchase Mathematica
>> or use it on
>> one of the University's computers.
>> Without the Acrobat-like availability and free usage, I, quite
>> frankly,
>> do not see the point of the Player, since I only have two free
>> players
>> to distribute, however that is done, how do I pick the two - my two
>> best
>> students, the two worst, ..., what about next semester?
> Does your university's Mathematica site license not include home use
> for
> students/faculty/staff? (Ours does.)
> --
> Helen Read
> Mathematics & Statistics
> University of Vermont

My University provides :)

$100 per year at work and additional $100 at home use.   They call
it:  "Cost recovery".

Plus, You have to "justify" why do you need it and fill out 3
different forms for it.

Old Hungarian proverb:  "Lots of little gives a BIG" :)

That is why I am not using Mathematica any more !!