Re: Complex solutions to simple equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104776] Re: Complex solutions to simple equations
- From: dragonman <morrisneedleman at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 05:46:41 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 8, 11:10 pm, David Bailey <d... at removedbailey.co.uk> wrote: > dragonman wrote: > > I want the solutions to x^n=1 to appear in the form r(cos theta +isin > > theta) and then to graph them on an Argand diagram. Any advice given > > would be much appreciated. > > Didn't your teacher tell you how to do this, or give you a reading list? > > This board is not here to answer homework questions - what would be the > point? > > David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk For goodness sake I am a teacher. Feel free to google me. Its Mathematica's representation of solutions I wanted. Feel free to apologise any time. Many thanks to the helpful posters above.