Re: Complex solutions to simple equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104804] Re: Complex solutions to simple equations
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 06:01:30 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
In article <hd8sf9$5vo$1 at smc.vnet.net>, dragonman <morrisneedleman at gmail.com> wrote: > > For goodness sake I am a teacher. Feel free to google me. Its > Mathematica's representation of solutions I wanted. Feel free to > apologise any time. > Many thanks to the helpful posters above. A very nice reply! -- and one I'd hope may have some impact on this group. Out of curiosity, did your personal background or vocabulary (pre-Mathematica) include some conceptual understanding of any of the terms local vs global variables functional vs procedural programming mapping as they are used in Mathematica?