Re: Re: Re: Complex solutions to simple

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104922] Re: [mg104893] Re: [mg104845] Re: Complex solutions to simple
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 05:55:36 -0500 (EST)

> I will like to add that it is a matter of basic courtesy for someone
> posting a question to insure that:
> (ii) the reasons for asking a question, be it research, commercial work
> or homework assignments etc. are clearly explained.

Seeing that in every post would be a lot of bother, and the issue doesn't
matter to me.

> In other words, I think in this case David Bailey did exactly the right
> thing and has no need at all to apologise.

Agreed. Even if David did the wrong thing, he's helping people for free,
with no compensation of any kind. To anyone who is unsatisfied, my advice
is: "Treat yourself to a full refund. No... make it a DOUBLE refund."

On both points, Steve Christensen makes the rules; nobody else.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com