Re: Re: Cumulative probability that random walk variable

It sounds like what the OP intended here was to compute the probability
that a standard Brownian motion exceeds the value 2 in the time interval
between 0 and 5. Of course his description does not make it clear that
he is referring to a Brownian motion process - it's not enough simply to
say B[t] is normally distributed with mean o and standard deviation
Sqrt[t], one needs to add some other conditions iid increments and
continuous paths. But that means of course that he is not assuming that
x[t] are independent - only that the increments are independent.
If this is correct than the question refers to a very standard topic
which can be found in almost any introduction to stochastic calculus and
is referred to as the First Pasage Time Distribution. One (of very many)
elementary derivations can be found on page 112 of volume 2 of S.E.
Shreve's "Stochastic Calculus for Finance". I won't give it here as it
has already been done by Roland Franzius in this thread.

Andrzej Kozlowski