Re: Fyi, Listing of Mathematica 7 functions (1869 functions)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105002] Re: [mg104952] Fyi, Listing of Mathematica 7 functions (1869 functions)
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 05:15:34 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fultz" <jfultz at wolfram.com>

He suggested using SyntaxInformation[], which is probably still not 100%
reliable, but much easier than trying to slice apart linear syntax and more
reliable than your function which does not.

------------------------

Thanks John for the second hint.

I did use SyntaxInformation[], which I did not know about, and it is much
simpler. I've updated the list of functions in the kernel. The count now
stands at 1920, up from 1860, since now Functions such as Plus and Minus,
etc.. are picked up using this method

http://12000.org/my_notes/compare_mathematica/index.htm

I am compiling now a complete list of all functions in all of the AddOns
packages that come with Mathematica 7.0.

I am sure when these functions are counted, the number will go to around
2,500 functions as was shown in the Wolfram blog. I should have this done by
tonight and will update the table again then.

I am guessing, after viewing Wolfram very interesting presentation given at
International Mathematica User Conference 2009 talking about the next
release of Mathematica, that this number could reach 3,500 functions?

--Nasser