Re: Re: Re: Undo in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105095] Re: [mg105069] Re: [mg105053] Re: Undo in Mathematica
  • From: brien colwell <xcolwell at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:41:58 -0500 (EST)

Just my 2 cents ... the practical lack of undo is one of the major
thorns my team has with developing in M. The other major thorns are with
the IDE/notebook editor itself, which would benefit from listing the
source file and line number where error messages are generated, linking
symbols to their source-code declarations, listing available symbols for
"smart completion,"  and tighter integration with the debugger.

The Eclipse-based workbench seems a promising replacement for the
notebook editor, but my understanding is that the workbench currently is
not as interactive as the notebook editor.

I am really curious how people develop large libraries in M.