Re: Re: Question about MeshFunctions (Plot function)

It would help if you posted everything in the example so responders could
evaluate it and not have to make up their own functions.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Vicent [mailto:vginer at gmail.com]

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:24, Vicent <vginer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried this
>
>  Plot[  f[x]  ,  {x , 5 , 10}  ,  Frame -> True  ,  PlotRange -> { 2 ,
> 4 }  ,  AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio  ,  PerformanceGoal -> "Quality"
> ,
>  Mesh -> { { 0. } }  ,  MeshFunctions -> { f1[#] & , f2[#] & }  ,
>  MeshStyle -> { Directive[ PointSize[ Large ] , Red ] , Directive[
> PointSize[ Large ] , Blue ] }  ]
>
> and it works OK: it plots the curve for  f[x]  and marks (in my case)
> two points on it: one red and one blue, at the points where functions
> f1[x]  and  f2[x]  take value  0.
>
> I could do the same with other different functions g[x], g1[x] and g2[x].
>
> But, is it possible to draw both curves in the same frame??  I don't
> know which is the proper syntax --I mean, this:
>
>  Plot[  { f[x] , g[x] }  ,  {x , 5 , 10}  ,  Frame -> True ,
> PlotRange -> { 2 , 4 }  ,  AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio  ,
> PerformanceGoal -> "Quality"  ,
>  Mesh -> { { 0. } }  ,  MeshFunctions -> {  { f1[#] & , f2[#] & }, {
> g1[#] & , g2[#] & }  },
>  MeshStyle -> { Directive[ PointSize[ Large ] , Red ] , Directive[
> PointSize[ Large ] , Blue ] }  ]
>
> produces an error message. How can I get the kind of graphic I want?

Hello again.

I would like to make my question clearer, if possible.

I was not asking for this:

Plot[ { f[x] , g[x] }  ,  { x , 5 , 10}  ,  Frame -> True,  PlotRange
-> {2, 4}, AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio,
PerformanceGoal -> "Quality",
Mesh -> {{0}},  MeshFunctions -> {f1[#] & , f2[#] &},  MeshStyle ->
{Directive[PointSize[Large], Red],    Directive[PointSize[Large],
Blue]}]

because I need the red and blue points to be defined in each curve  (f
 and  g)  by two different
pairs of functions  f1, f2  and  g1, g2. I mean, in my case, the
x-position (horizontal coordinate) of the red and blue
points could be different in curves  f  and  g.

I've been told to previously compute the x-positions of the blue and
red point for each curve, and then put them in the graphic with
Epilog.

I am going to try it, but if you have different approaches, I would
like to know them.

Thank you in advance.

--
Vicent Giner-Bosch