Re: Batch save mode?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105131] Re: Batch save mode?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 06:07:41 -0500 (EST)

Give this a try:

It opens up all the notebooks in the source directory and saves them
as pdfs in the target directory.  the two directories can be the same.

David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife

ClearAll[SaveAsPDFs];

SaveAsPDFs[sourcedir_String, targetdir_String] :=

 Module[{notebooks, nbs, pdfNames, pdfFiles, data, pdfs},

  notebooks = FileNames[{"*.nb"}, {sourcedir}];

  pdfNames = # <> ".pdf" & /@ (FileBaseName /@ notebooks);

  pdfFiles = ToFileName[targetdir, #] & /@ pdfNames;

  nbs = NotebookOpen /@ notebooks;

  (
     SelectionMove[#, All, Notebook];
     FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken[#, "SelectionOpenAllGroups"]]
     ) & /@ nbs;

  data = Transpose[{pdfFiles, nbs}];

  pdfs = Export[#[[1]], #[[2]], "PDF"] & /@ data;

  NotebookClose /@ nbs;