Re: Re: Bug associated with Graphics3D???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105271] Re: [mg105254] Re: [mg105210] Bug associated with Graphics3D???
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at me.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:01:16 -0500 (EST)

Lou,

I guess from your results below that a bug report to WRI is in order.

Cheers .... Syd

Incidentally your analysis reminds me of a design problem I had in 1966.

The problem was to optimise the shape of the two surfaces of a high-gain cassegraine antenna given
the radial characteristics of the microwave source located about where your point is.

The antenna ended up on the UK AWAC aircraft of that era.

I programmed in Algol in those days on an Elliott Automation 803.

Boy how I would like to have had Mathematica and a Mac in 1966!

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

Mathematica 7.0.1.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64 - bit) (12th September 2009)
MacOS X V 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM