Re: Re: newbie q-n about FinancialData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105281] Re: [mg105235] Re: newbie q-n about FinancialData
  • From: Michael Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:03:11 -0500 (EST)

If you have access to a Bloomberg license, you can get higher quality
data with the Mathematica link to Bloomberg, which is available for free
at http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/7357/

The code to call up the P/E ratios for your list of stocks would be

BBGetCurrent[{"MSFT Equity", "GE Equity", "XOM Equity", "XRX
Equity","UPS Equity"},"PE_Ratio"]

If you wanted to use next year's consensus estimated P/E, which most
people would probably find more useful, the call is

BBGetCurrent[{"MSFT Equity", "GE Equity", "XOM Equity", "XRX
Equity","UPS Equity"},"Est_PE_Nxt_Yr"]

You can combine this with he Export command if you like, as demonstrated
by others.

Cheers,

Michael