Re: ItemSize and ImageSize->Full , I do not understand what happens

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105315] Re: ItemSize and ImageSize->Full , I do not understand what happens
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:30:37 -0500 (EST)

Sorry everyone, I found the problem.

I had earlier written SetOptions[Plot,......] in another window.

I was trying things out in another window and I completely forgot about that
setting.

The Plot options that I set earlier were causing the problem below. Once I
realized this, and restarted the kernel, now I can see that ImageSize->Full
works as expected.

So, please ignore everything I said below. Just a user error. I have to be
carful from now on with the use of SetOptions.

Since we are on the subject, I could not find a way to reset options back to
default. One way I do it now is

default=Options[Plot]; <---- do this initially. (may be in init.m)

SetOptions[Plot,..new options...];

now to go back, I do

SetOptions[Plot,default]

But It would be really nice if there is a way to say SetOptions[Plot,
DefaultOptions ] or a new command called ResetOptions[Plot]; without having
to do the above or to restart the kernel.

or something like this.

--Nasser