Mathematica 7 crash on confusing setting of Manipulate Controls

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105363] Mathematica 7 crash on confusing setting of Manipulate Controls
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 05:12:12 -0500 (EST)

fyi;

Version 7 on windows XP SP2.

I seem to have confused Mathematica (and myself) a bit here:

This  line of code will crash Mathematica: (WARNING: SAVE your notebooks
before running this)

Manipulate[Null, {{n, a, "n"}, 1, 10}, {{a, n, "a"}, 1, 10}]

I know why, a cyclic dependency, I'll fix my code, was an oversight, but I
do not think this should have caused a crash.  I'll send a bug report to
support as well.

--Nasser