Re: reference manager in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103655] Re: reference manager in Mathematica?
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:40:44 -0400 (EDT)

An easy way would be to get Publicon. WRI did the work on adding the
bibliographic database and adding palettes for endnote reference entry. As
the notebook files saved by Publicon are generally Mathematica compatible
the endnote style should come thru.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/index.html

At some point some Publicon functionalities maybe in Mathematica
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/msg/c505ebbb6533d459

Another possibility is to use yet another tool as you reference manager.

http://www.zotero.org/

Then writing your own palette that can insert endnotes to a current
notebook, by accessing the SQLite database that zotero installs in your
FireFox directory.

Zotero to manage your references, DataBaseLink to connect to SQLite, and
select your references to a palette and some programming to add to current
notebook.

Zotero can import EndNote databases.

There are so many bibliographic db implementation that the wheel gets
reinvented way too often
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_reference_management_software

Additionaly OpenOffice (Star Office) provides its own bibilographic
database.

Maybe WRI can centralize the users reference DB thru packlets and hosting
users reference DB. A start to online collaboration tools.

Hans

news:h9srq3$p9r$1 at smc.vnet.net...