Re: reference manager in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg103655] Re: reference manager in Mathematica?
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:40:44 -0400 (EDT)

An easy way would be to get Publicon. WRI did the work on adding the
bibliographic database and adding palettes for endnote reference entry. As
the notebook files saved by Publicon are generally Mathematica compatible
the endnote style should come thru.

At some point some Publicon functionalities maybe in Mathematica

Another possibility is to use yet another tool as you reference manager.

Then writing your own palette that can insert endnotes to a current
notebook, by accessing the SQLite database that zotero installs in your
FireFox directory.

Zotero to manage your references, DataBaseLink to connect to SQLite, and
select your references to a palette and some programming to add to current

Zotero can import EndNote databases.

There are so many bibliographic db implementation that the wheel gets
reinvented way too often

Additionaly OpenOffice (Star Office) provides its own bibilographic

Maybe WRI can centralize the users reference DB thru packlets and hosting
users reference DB. A start to online collaboration tools.

news:h9srq3$p9r$1 at