Re: How to =B1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103679] Re: How to =B1?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:23:35 -0400 (EDT)

olliH wrote:
> Hi how do I make an expression with the =B1 Operator?
>
> In = x =B1 1
> Out = {x+1,x-1}
>
> (=B1 is the plus/minus symbol if this does not show up
> properly - moderator)

First, please note that you can't put the extra Mathematica character
codes into messages here, you must spell them out - e.g. \[PlusMinus]

This operator has no built-in meaning (like many others supplied by
Mathematica), so the operator does nothing by default. However, it is
easy to make it do something useful. For example you might decide to
expand a list of expressions that contained this operator, using
transformation rules.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk