Re: How to store data files in packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103669] Re: How to store data files in packages
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

you could store the data in the notebook itself. You can Compress[] any
expression into a string (compression rate naturally depending on the
data, but quite good in my experience), store that string in the target
notebook or package and Uncompress[] during evaluation (if there is
enough memory in case of large data sets).

The compression can be quite slow for large expression, but
uncompressing works quickly.

Regards,
Yves