Using Histogram with custom BinCounts function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103754] Using Histogram with custom BinCounts function
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 07:37:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
As I understand, in Mathematica 7 the Histogram[] function is based on
slow and inefficient BinCounts[] function and it is the reason why
Histogram[] works slow with large datasets. I would wish to use in
Histogram[] my own myBinCounts[] function instead of internal BinCounts
[] for speeding up work. Is it possible?