Which is better, foo[n_Integer] or foo[n_?IntegerQ] ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103770] Which is better, foo[n_Integer] or foo[n_?IntegerQ] ?
- From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
I am trying to improve some code I wrote by making the function definition
more clear by setting restriction on the parameters.
I noticed that I could write the following
foo[n_Integer] := n^2
boo[n_?IntegerQ] := n^2
Both the above mean the same thing to me. i.e. the function is defined to
take only integer argument.
Is one better to use? or any one is just as good? (the first uses 2 less
Prev by Date:
Re: ma-notebooks to nb-notebooks conversion
Next by Date:
Re: Paper heading: does not work?
Previous by thread:
How to find which variable caused the trigger in Manipulate ?
Next by thread:
Re: Which is better, foo[n_Integer] or foo[n_?IntegerQ] ?