Re: undocumented feature: TableView

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103843] Re: undocumented feature: TableView
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 07:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

By the way, it is pretty easy to drill down in something like this to
fine new undocumented functions in interesting Contexts by using the
trick in my previous post as well as simple things like

Names["TableView `*"]

It seems like TableView is in a somewhat advanced state of
development.  And one could use it to create a pretty sophisticated
spreadsheet application with multiple sheets and so on.  With a parser
for Excel functions one could import Excel sheets with their
associated functionality...  (now, do I have time to do this?  No,
but...)

Here is an example of TableView's use for multiple sheets...

TabView[{40 ->
   TableView[40 IdentityMatrix[40], ContentSize -> {400, 300}],
  20 -> TableView[20 IdentityMatrix[20], ContentSize -> {400, 300}],
  10 -> TableView[10 IdentityMatrix[10], ContentSize -> {400, 300}]}]