Plot with axis with the same scaling factor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103884] Plot with axis with the same scaling factor
  • From: yves <yves.dauphin at solvay.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:10:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I would like to know how to produce plots with orthonormal axis.  I've
written some code which
a) retrieves all the points of a plot
b) finds the lowest at position at left and the highest at right
c) computes the AspectRatio
d) does the actual plot

Is it a simplier way to get a plot with the same scaling factor on
both axis.
Note: to use AspectRatio->1 doesn't of course work because this leads
to a plot fitting in a square but with uneven ||(1,0)|| and ||(0,1)||

THX in advance.
Yves