Re: Text cell formating blues. LineBreakWithin, PageWidth, WordWrapping

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104097] Re: Text cell formating blues. LineBreakWithin, PageWidth, WordWrapping
  • From: Canopus56 <canopus56 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:11:27 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote:
<snip>
> For the last hour and more I have been fighting with Mathematica to make
> Text cells look nice after exporting to PDF. i.e. i'd like lines to be of
> reasonably equal length.<snip>

For each cell containing explanatory material:

Format | Style | Text

and to keep it that way -

Cell | Properties | Editable | [Off]
Cell | Properties | Evaluatable | [Off]

As noted by others, once the cell is not Editable, a small "x" will appear in the upper corner of the cell marker at the right of the screen.

This is a simple basic task that is not easily found or discussed well in documentation.

-Kurt