Re: Generic Mapping Tools and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104120] Re: Generic Mapping Tools and Mathematica
  • From: robert prince-wright <robertprincewright at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

you will find some of what your looking for here:

http://blog.wolfram.com/2009/04/17/mapping-gps-data/

and here:

http://blog.wolfram.com/2009/05/08/planning-a-trip-ask-mathematica-for-the-itinerary/

I am disappointed to see that W-Alpha already allows you to generate Maps with States whereas CountryData does not - you would think both would use the same curated database of Polygons?!!