Summing all the elements along a dimension in a matrix

Hi,
I just started using Mathematica after a year of experience with
Matlab, and I have a question regarding how to handle matrices.

What is the equivalent code for doing
sum(A,3) in mathematica?
This sums all the elements A along the third dimension.

I'm having a hard time finding it in the documentation.

Thanks a lot for your help
  -Patrick