Dotted Plots

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg104432] Dotted Plots
  • From: Robert Rosenbaum <robertr at>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:53:38 -0500 (EST)

In regards to my first e-mail, asking about how to make a dotted
plot.  I received several suggestions to use Dotted or Dashing[{0, r}].

The Mathematica manual says:
"If a segment has a length ri specified as 0, it is drawn as a dot
whose diameter is the thickness of the line."

However, when I try this I just get small dashes.  That is, the dashes
are rectangular, not circular.
I'm using 7.0.0 on a mac.  Is anyone able to get circular dots?