Newbie questions on Font in notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102981] Newbie questions on Font in notebook
  • From: Jim McClymer <imationman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 07:09:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a bunch of font related questions:
1) I think the default Font size in the notebook is too small. Is
there a way to change it in a default so I don't have ti change each
entry?

2) In Drawing Tools the text insert makes extremely small font. It is
really annoying to have to change the font on each entry. Can the
default be set to something bigger?

3) With the tiny text insert from drawing tools I find it very
difficult to work on the super and subscripts. For instance I label
pts r super prime sub 1, I then want to copy this text and place near
point 2 and change the sub 1 to sub 2, then repeat. I find it
difficult to just target the subscript. Any hints?

4) The text I use defines some vectors non-script (times new roman for
instance)  and some vectors in script. It is a real pain to try to
highlight the font and change the font type. Is there a faster way (a
macro, drop down menu that only contains the fonts that I want to use)
or other advise?

Thanks
Jim