Re: Manipulate: How to correctly adjust one control parameters based on current setting of another control?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103068] Re: [mg103049] Manipulate: How to correctly adjust one control parameters based on current setting of another control?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 07:39:18 -0400 (EDT)

> You can nest Manipulate
>
> Manipulate[
>  Text[x],
>  {{x, 1, "x ="},
>   If[choice == 1, 0, 1],
>   If[choice == 1, 10, 20],
>   0.1}],
> {{choice, 1, "select choice"},
>  {1 -> "UP", -1 -> "DOWN"},
>  ControlType -> SetterBar}]
>

> Bob Hanlon

Thank you Bob for your solution using nested Manipulate. Interesting.

However, I am writing something with the hope to have it as a demonstration
for the Wolfram demo site, and one is not allowed to use nested Manipulate.
Here is the guidelines page:

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/guidelines.html

"Nested Manipulates or functions that return Manipulate are not allowed.
Keep things simple and use only one Manipulate command per Demonstration."

Thank you again,

--Nasser