FrameTicks, Thickness, TickLabels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103122] FrameTicks, Thickness, TickLabels
  • From: FlorianBaumer <florian.baumer at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 06:00:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have the following general problem with Mathematica 5: when I export
any plots as EPS files (to use them in LaTex), the Axes,Frames and
FrameTicks are very thin.

So, to adress this I use the ExtendGraphics package and the following
code:

<< "ExtendGraphics`Ticks`"

mythickness = 1;
fstyle = AbsoluteThickness[mythickness];
tf1 = TickFunction[#1, #2, MajorStyle -> {AbsoluteThickness[
mythickness]}, MinorStyle -> {AbsoluteThickness[mythickness]}] &;

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 5}, Frame -> True, FrameStyle -> fstyle,
FrameTicks -> (tf1), AxesStyle -> fstyle];

The problem that arises from this solution is that now there are tick
labels also on the top and on the right side of the frame.
How do I get rid of them?

And, first of all, is there a better solution to set the tickness of
plots globally somehow? I have to make a lot of plots, so it would be
nice, not to apply all those separate options in each plot...

Thanks in advance!
Flo