Re: Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103195] Re: Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?
  • From: hrh1818 <hrhan at att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:21:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 4, 2:15 am, Steve <steve.wil... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 7:44 am, Fran=E7ois Fayard <fayard.p... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I wonder if any one knows about the compatibility of Mathematica 7.0.0
> > with the recents build ofSnowLeopard.
>
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Francois
>
> I've had some trouble but a happy ending.
>
> I just installedSnowLeopardon my iMAC on which I've had Mathematica
> 7.0.1.0 running wonderfully for a year. The first application I tested
> was Mathematica and it failed badly. I got a warning dialog box that
> with a offered exit or continue. I continued and then when I tried
> evaluating a notebook I got an INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR:  then it
> crashed.
> I opened it again and got weird fonts on all my entries.
> I later tried running MS Word which asked me to install Rosetta
> (Apple's "dynamic translator" for Power PC based applications).
> I later rebooted the macintosh and tried Mathematica again. It came up
> without trouble but was taking minutes to evaluate Plot[Sin[x]/x,
> {x,-10,10}], so I aborted the calculation and restarted Mathematica.
> Now everything comes up just fine.
> It works as well as ever.
>
> Hmmmm?
>
> Stev

I have had intermittent problems similar to Stev when using Snow
Leopard.  Two different times when I clicked on "Learn with guided
examples" and I got the following error message. "The kernel is not
responding to a dynamic evaluation.  You may either choose to abort
and restart the kernel or continue waiting."  Once Mathematica stop
responding after I clicked on "Document Center" in the "Help menu.
Restarting Mathematica seems to temporally fix the problem

Howard