Re: Re: condense axis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103323] Re: [mg103299] Re: condense axis
  • From: Peter Falloon <pfalloon at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:25:58 -0400 (EDT)

Check out SpheroidalPS, SpheroidalEigenvalue and related...

(For the record, the package was -- and still is -- *freely* available
at http://ftp.physics.uwa.edu.au/pub/Theses/2002/Falloon/ )

It seems I've ruffled a few feathers, so let me repeat what I just
wrote offline to another correspondent:

"I apologize if I've caused offence here: let me be clear that I'm not
trying to impugn the package itself. All I'm saying is that if it
doesn't address the specific question, it seems a little cynical to go
recommending it?

It would be a different story if a specific implementation using the
package was demonstrated, and a good argument given as to why this was
easier than, or superior to, what could be achieved in Mathematica
alone. If that's the case,
why not do it (my implementation took only about 10 minutes to whip up
and is reasonably workable)?"

Cheers,
Peter.