Re: GUIKit: How to use a widget "Tree"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103377] Re: GUIKit: How to use a widget "Tree"?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 05:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

Dmitriy Mangul wrote:
> I want to develop a one Mathematica application with GUIKit.
> I need for my application a Widget "Tree". But there is almost no
> documentation by Mathematica for this Widget.
> How can I add/remove a new node to/from a Tree?

I gave up on GUIKit long ago because of its bugs/quirks and lack of
documentation. I wrote the Super Widget Package (SWP) (available free
from my site) that offers more extensive facilities with documentation!
Additionally, the SWP requires essentially no knowledge of Java.

Of course, since 6.0 you can make GUI's inside notebooks, so you need to
think if you need the standard look and feel that Java (which GUIKit and
my SWP both access to produce the GUI) can bring, or if a notebook GUI
would be acceptable.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk