Background image sizing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103594] Background image sizing
  • From: "King, Peter R" <peter.king at imperial.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:40:01 -0400 (EDT)

I have a bitmap image (.bmp file) - call it pict -  that I wish to use as the background for some graphics. I do this with

Graphics[Table[Point[{x, 50 Sin[2 \[Pi] x/100]}], {x, 0, 100}],
 Prolog -> Inset[pict]]

(the actual graphics is more complicated than a sine curve but never mind).

Now if I just display the graphics by typing pict I can rescale this by clicking on the image and dragging the corners of the orange box. However when I overlay the graphics onto the image (as above) and try to drag the box it rescales the plot but not the background image. Is there any way I can link the two together so I can rescale by dragging the cursor? I tried GraphcsGrouping but that didn't get me anywhere.

I am using version 6.0.3.0

Many thanks.