Re: Graphics3D not visible under X11 (was: Compositing, 3D graphics,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103626] Re: Graphics3D not visible under X11 (was: Compositing, 3D graphics,
  • From: mike-g2 <michael.a.gilchrist at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:03:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 10, 5:33 am, Nikolaus Rath <Nikol... at rath.org> wrote:
> "Nikra... at googlemail.com" <Nikra... at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> >> I have tested this on 64bit KDE 4.2.2 with kwin compositing and Mathematica
> >> 7.0.1 on two different machines, one using the proprietary Nvidia drivers,
> >> the other the Intel graphics drivers. In either case, 3D graphs worked
> >> without actively manipulating them.
>
> >> Therefore this might be an issue with you ATI drivers. I have no idea
> >> whether this will help, but you might try different drivers, e.g. the
> >> proprietary ATI driver (Catalyst 9.4 for Linux has been released recently,
> >> IIRC).
>
> > I have the same issue with the intel driver, no matter if compiz is
> > enabled ornot. So it seems that this problem isnotspecific to the
> > ATI driver.
>
> > Richard, were you able to find a solution to this?
>
> For me, adding
>
>   Option        "AccelMethod" "uxa"
>
> to /etc/X11/xorg.conf (Device section) fixed the problem.
>
> Best,
>
>    -Nikolaus
>
> --
>  =C2=BBTime flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.=C2==
AB

>   PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6  02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem with my Ubuntu 9.4 with an "older" ATI
graphics card (Radeon Mobility X1400) that is apparently no longer
supported by ATI so I'm using open source drivers.   Unfortunately,
the suggested fix above did not work.   Has anyone else run into this
problem and/or found another solution?

Best,

Mike