Re: Multiple Window Feature Request

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108912] Re: Multiple Window Feature Request
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <ndudenhoeffer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 03:19:04 -0400 (EDT)

I  use Mathematica for data processing on some large data sets.  Often this
involves using a "For" loop, which may have many steps.  I know it
preferable to use "map" type functions, but this is not always practical.
For example processing time-dependent data where the result of element n
determines how element n+1 will be processed.  I often  look back at early
in the loop to see how I have defined variables.

Thanks for the suggestions on technique.  I should probably also make a
practice of defining more sub-routines, which can be called with a single
command and that would make it easier to navigate.  I don't think having
multiple windows is a major issue, but I would find it convenient.

Nate