Inverse Laplace Transform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108940] Inverse Laplace Transform
  • From: Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:26:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I need to find an inverse Laplace transform of the
expression:

Sqrt[s*(s+a)]/(s-b)

where "s" is the Laplace variable, "a" is a real positive constant,
and "b" is a real constant that can be either positive or negative.
I have tried the InverseLaplaceTransform[] function, but it
returns the original expression. My question is: does this mean
that the inverse transform does not exist, or only Mathematica
cannot find it?
Also, if anybody knows where I could possibly find the inverse
in any book, or how I might obtain the inverse otherwise, I would
appreciate an information. Abramowitz and Stegun book does not have it.

Leslaw