Re: Show a maximum curve in ListContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108945] Re: Show a maximum curve in ListContourPlot
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

data == Table[{
    x == RandomReal[{-2, 2}],
    y == RandomReal[{-2, 2}],
    Sin[x y]}, {1000}];

Show[
 ListContourPlot[data],
 ContourPlot[x y ==== Pi/2,
  {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2},
  ContourStyle -> Directive[Red, Thick]]]

Show[
 ListContourPlot[data],
 ParametricPlot[{x, Pi/2/x},
  {x, -2, 2},
  PlotStyle -> Directive[Red, Thick],
  Exclusions -> 0]]

Bob Hanlon

---- "Iv=C3=A1n Lazaro" <gaminster at gmail.com> wrote:

==========================
Dear all,

I'm trying to make visible in a ListContourPlot for a function, a maximum
value for it. The thing is that the Max of this function is very specific
(Log[2]) and I need that my readers can follow the "movement" of this
maximum, although i want them to have the rest of the contour. Is this
possible within the ListContourPlot function? Or should I make this curve
apart and then "paste it" in the contour?

Thanks in advance, and please excuse my terrible English.

Iv==E1n.