for loop outside a do cicle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109055] for loop outside a do cicle
  • From: maria giovanna dainotti <mariagiovannadainotti at yahoo.it>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:52:10 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathgroup,
thanks a lot for your help with the joint table.
I have now a question regarding the loops

if I have a table DataGood built in such a way
DataGood={};
DataBad={};
Do[
Ta=DataFit[[i,10]];
Lx=DataFit[[i,12]];
uTa=DataFit[[i,11]];
uLa=DataFit[[i,13]];
u=(uTa^2+uLa^2)^1/2;
idGRB=DataFit[[i,9]];
z=DataFit[[i,8]];
Eiso=DataFit[[i,3]];
Lumprompt=DataFit[[i,5]];
If [u<0.095,AppendTo[DataGood,{Ta,uTa,Lx,uLa,u,Eiso,Lumprompt,z,idGRB}],AppendTo[DataBad,{Ta,uTa,Lx,uLa,u,Eiso,Lumprompt,z,idGRB}]{i,1,Length[DataFit]}]

If I would like to vary u=0.095 up to 4 with a step of 0.010 in order to have different tables because then I should compute Correlation coefficient amomg Eiso and Lx how can I do?
I mean how can I put the for cicle outside or inside this loop
Thanks a lot in advance
Maria