Re: Creating a hybrid cell
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109165] Re: Creating a hybrid cell
- From: Geico Caveman <spammers-go-here at spam.invalid>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:13:03 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 2010-04-07 04:24:40 -0700, Jason Alexander <jalex at lse.ac.uk> said: > A better solution would be the following: create a text cell and enter > something like "Previously we calculated the value of X1 to be ", then > insert an inline cell (ctrl+9, I believe). In the inline cell, enter > "Dynamic[X1]", select and evaluate in place. > > The inline cell, although it appears inside of a text cell, will > automatically update to reflect the current value of X1. The previous > solution only captures the value of X1 at the time of evaluation. > > Jason That is what I ultimately did. Thanks.