Re: How to make style sheet with header

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109148] Re: How to make style sheet with header
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:11:48 -0400 (EDT)

Am 13.04.2010 05:01, schrieb ebaugh at illinois.edu:
> I have been trying unsuccessfully to make a style sheet with a
> header. I am not talking about a header that appears when you
> print the notebook. I am talking about a header that is on the
> notebook itself.
> An example of what I am talking about is the "Confidential Report"
> style sheet that is available with Mathematica. It says
> "Confidential" at the top, and you can't just delete or close it.
>
> I would like a header for use in my company, where all company
> notebook files would have the company logo as a header on top.

What you are looking for is the option DockedCells that you can set at
Stylesheet level. If you create a new notebook, give it the confidential
report style and evaluate:

CurrentValue[EvaluationNotebook[], DockedCells]

to see the corresponding cell expression. To include it into a
stylesheet you would add a DockedCells option at notebook level.

Note that it is very well possible to remove such headers, just evaluate
the following in a notebook with confidential report style to delete the
header:

SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[], DockedCells -> {}]

hth,

albert