Re: How to make style sheet with header

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109138] Re: How to make style sheet with header
  • From: Larry Adelston <larrya at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:09:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jason,

The "Confidential" heading is set as a DockedCells option in the Style
Environment definitions in the ConfidentialReport stylesheet. As you
are probably aware DockedCells stay fixed at the top of the notebook
window regardless of how far you scroll vertically. In case you
weren't aware, DockedCells do not print.

This is the DockedCells option taken from the definition for the
Working environment:

DockedCells->{
    Cell["C   O   N   F   I   D   E   N   T   I   A   L", "SBO",
CellMargins -> {{0, 0}, {0, 0}},
      CellFrame -> {{0, 0}, {0, 3}}, FontSize -> 12, FontSlant ->
"Plain", FontColor ->
     GrayLevel[1], TextAlignment -> Center, CellFrameColor ->
RGBColor[1, 0, 0], Background ->
     RGBColor[0.65, 0.5, 0.45]]}

BTW, if you want the identical DockedCells for all style environments
you can simply place the DockedCells option in the "Notebook" style
definition, instead of in the individual environment definitions.

Yours,
Larry

On Apr 12, 2010, at 10:03 PM, ebaugh at illinois.edu wrote:

> I have been trying unsuccessfully to make a style sheet with a
> header. I am not talking about a header that appears when you
> print the notebook. I am talking about a header that is on the
> notebook itself.
> An example of what I am talking about is the "Confidential Report"
> style sheet that is available with Mathematica. It says
> "Confidential" at the top, and you can't just delete or close it.
>
> I would like a header for use in my company, where all company
> notebook files would have the company logo as a header on top.
>

> Thanks all,
> Jason Ebaugh

Larry Adelston
Print Production Supervisor