Best regards

Ingolf Dahl
Sweden
ingolf.dahl at telia.com

-----Original Message-----
From: janitor048 [mailto:janitor048 at googlemail.com]
Sent: den 19 april 2010 10:10
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg109263] [mg109136] How to dynamically build a list of rules

Hi there!

I need a somewhat larger list of substitution rules along the line of

subs = { name1 -> SomeFunction[name1], name2 ->
SomeFunction[name2], ... , nameN -> SomeFunction[nameN]}

Obviously typing that by hand can become a little annoying. So I would
like to have that list created dynamically, via Table[ ... ] or
something the like.
The problem is, I can't figure out the correct syntax for this task.
"name1" etc. are just, well, names (variable names to be specific).
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution on the web so
far. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Oliver