Re: Bug in Sum?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109291] Re: Bug in Sum?
- From: Abhishek Roy <fingerslip at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:53:29 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Apr 13, 9:44 pm, "Tony Harker" <a.har... at ucl.ac.uk> wrote: > What version are you using? 7.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (February = 18, > 2009) gives identical, correct, results for both. > > Tony Harker Thanks. I went back and tried it on every version I could find. The ones on which I could reproduce the bug are the following: 7.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (November 10, 2008) 7.0 for Linux x86 (64-bit) (November 11, 2008) The builds for version 7.0 dated "February 18, 2009" give the correct results as does version 6.0. Can someone please confirm? I am really puzzled by this since it is a very basic symbolic calculation. Abhishek