Re: axes with arrows with ParametricPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg109366] Re: axes with arrows with ParametricPlot3D
  • From: Simon <simonjtyler at>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 03:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 21, 4:29 pm, kokos <artb... at> wrote:
> How to get arrows on the ends of axes in ParametricPlot3D ? I try some
> combinations of options and directives without success.
> From other side how to combine Graphics3D with Arrows and
> ParametricPlot3D to have the same result:
> 3D surface and axes with arrows in 3D ?

I don't know why the Arrowheads directive does not work in 3D...
anyone else got any ideas??

Anyway, here's my quick kludge - it could be made more elegant:

A 2D example with Arrowheads  ( readers from Australia will recognize
the ABC logo )

The 3D version of the above: -- the Arrowheads do not work in this
                                  AxesEdge -> {{-1, -1}, {-1, -1},

Extract the range and construct the coordinate list:
pr=PlotRange * PlotRangePadding/.Options[p3d]/.Scaled->(2#+1&)

Put it together:
Show[p3d, Graphics3D[Arrow /@ axes]]