I don't see why "Convert Dynamic to Literal" rises to the level of a Menu
item, or even why it is very usable. Maybe someone can show a neat example.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: John Fultz [mailto:jfultz at wolfram.com]

If you use SelectionMove[] to make sure the Dynamic thing is selected, then
you
can evaluate the following code:

FrontEndExecute[
 FrontEnd`NotebookDynamicToLiteral[NotebookSelection[nb]]]

where nb is the appropriate NotebookObject.  This will literalize
*everything*
in the selection, which includes not just Dynamics, but also counters.

You could also literalize an entire notebook using this formulation...

FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`NotebookDynamicToLiteral[nb]]

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group