How to make GraphicsGrid use different cell sizes?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109402] How to make GraphicsGrid use different cell sizes?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 06:25:08 -0400 (EDT)

Version 7:

I never used GraphicsGrid before, and could not find a way to adjust the
size of each "cell" to remove the empty space around each entry in the
GraphicsGrid.

Here is a screen shot to help explain my question:

http://12000.org/tmp/graphics_grid_mathematica/q.PNG

For example, if you run this command:

===== code ======
a = Text[Style["1234567890", 12]];
b = Text[Style["12345", 12]];

GraphicsGrid[{{Graphics[a, ImageSize -> {70, 20}], Graphics[b, ImageSize ->
{30, 20}]}},
  Frame -> All, Alignment -> Center]

Grid[{{Graphics[a, ImageSize -> {70, 20}], Graphics[b, ImageSize -> {30,
20}]}}, Frame -> All,
  Alignment -> Center]

== end code =====

You'll notice more empty space around the second cell with GraphicsGrid,
compared to just using Grid.

I tried many options, but with no luck.

thanks
--Nasser