Re: ODE solution transfer

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg111440] Re: ODE solution transfer
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 04:58:19 -0400 (EDT)

When you executed

you replaced the previous definition of favrs (which was  fvars = {a[t_],b[t_]})  with the result of NDSolve. Your solutions now are in fvars[[1]] and fvars[[2]

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by setting fvars = {a[t_],b[t_]}. This involves as much typing as

By the way, I would recommend that you use a different variable for the solved form of a[t and b[t]. Otherwise, if you execute the notebook a second time, the solved values of a,b, will be used inside NDSolve and you will get unexpected results.